Our Grandson Ian is like most little boys--always on the move and full of ideas. When he is at our home, he stays close to his brother Coy. That is o.k. with me. Sometimes when we don't find things to keep him busy, he runs around and around our kitchen bar until I am dizzy.
He is so smart and at the age of four has begun to sound out words--we're amazed.
The other day I was babysitting him and his sister Emma. Coy was at school so he had no one to talk with but me. I heard all kinds of stories--you know the type that four-year-old boys like to tell. Mostly he just likes to hear himself speak.
I have noticed in my long years that little boys are scared of many things. When I was younger, I loved to frighten my brothers in the dark of the night. Ian might be like that as well. He said to me, "Grandma, did you know that tarantulas don't have teeth--Coy told me that?"

I thought about it and remembered that a couple of tarantulas had come down out of the mountains into their yard last fall. I think he worries about them. But I don't think he can sound out T-A-R-A-N-T-U-L-A yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment