Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Children Grow Up Too Fast Nowadays


Brenna Smyth

About ten days ago, Marci's baby, Brenna, had a birthday. She turned two. Brenna came to my house that day and was bubbly over about her big day and birthday party.

I asked her, "How old are you Brenna?"


She said back with no hesitation, "Three."

Remembering that some of us don't remember how old we
really are, I said back to her, "You're two, thats great."

She looked at me in a puzzled look--I get that a lot for some reason.

Marci piped in, "She always answers that she is three or four when someone asks her about her age."

Personally, I think she really believes that she is three or four.

Are children growing up faster these days, or is it just me?


Emma McBride

The next day Cassy and her two-year-old daughter, Emma, and I did a little shopping. Emma was to get an Easter dress and Cassy was looking for a maternity swim suit. Emma, a budding "Its All About Me Girl" loved all of the Easter attire we saw including the bonnets and gloves. She exclaimed down every aisle, "I LOVE PINK!" over and over again, touching everything along the way. We finally found a cute little dress, and went on to look for Cassy's suit.

This time down all of the aisles, she exclaimed loudly, "TOO FAT, TOO FAT!" Cassy and I were horrified. The more we tried to quiet her, the more she liked saying the phrase.

There is a lesson here for us all. Be careful what you say in front of children--they hear everything. They are growing up too fast.


1 comment:

Merinda said...

oh my, yes yes yes. Tell her that she and I are kindred spirits on the pink thing. Anything pink catchs my eye.