Earlier in my life I was really busy with my five children, a job, some Church callings, my husband and his job and Church callings, etc. The list could go on. There were always those tedious chores which had to be accomplished each day like vacuuming, dusting and sweeping. Often as I worked at these mundane chores, I would daydream that I was vacuuming up the the happenings of the previous day. Then of course I put them in the garbage can to be sent to the local dump.
Now I wonder if I should have saved some of that "dust" so that it could be a part of my family's history. Today I search for the "dust" preserved from the lives of my ancestors. Luckily some family members thought it might be valuable to a future generation.
Now in my repentant state, I now teach my children and grandchildren about the importance of their own families and those who have gone before them. Sometimes dust is just dust but then again it might not be. It could be a piece some in your posterity will need to complete the family puzzle.

No comments:
Post a Comment